Marie M. von Kampen is an independent letterpress printer and peer-proclaimed color adept from Boston, Massachusetts. Marie is a former consultant for the Arbalest Press and is currently a member of the Amalgamated Printer’s Association (APA 947) and the Society of Printers.
Marie first studied letterpress at Harvard University’s Bow and Arrow Press, and at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design. She has continued to develop her letterpress skills by participating in many workshops across the United States including:
- The Montserrat College of Art (Beverly, MA)
- The AS220 (Providence, RI)
- The Starshaped Press at Wells Book Arts Center (Aurora, NY)
- Amos Paul Kennedy Jr. at Wells Book Arts Center (Aurora, NY)
- Moore Wood Type at Igloo Letterpress (Columbus, OH)
- David Wolske and Bruno Press at School of Visual Concepts (Seattle, WA)
Photo Credit: Antoinette Hocbo, 2018.